Date:      Mon, 06 Feb 2012 22:02:31 +0000
From:      "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@gmail.com>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-apache@freebsd.org, FreeBSD ports list <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Apache/web ports advice in TPH

--------------enig13C6FDAD12FD9D64F43FF429

On 02/06/12 00:57, Doug Barton wrote:
> Howdy,
>=20
> This section:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/using=
-php.html
>=20
> is out of date, as the very first bit mentions a bunch of old apache
> stuff. I'm happy to help update it if someone can say authoritatively
> what should be there.
USE_APACHE	The port requires Apache. Possible values: yes (gets any
version), 1.3, 2.0, 2.2, 2.0+, etc. Default dependency is on version 1.3.=

yes is not valid, ranges and - work now too.  ohaurer or bsd.apache.mk
comments are authoritative.

WITH_APACHE2	The port requires Apache 2.0. Without this variable, the
port will depend on Apache 1.3. This variable is deprecated and should
not be used anymore.
remove this line entirely.

You'll have to ask ale@ about php.

> I'm also curious about the advice to install stuff into
> /usr/local/www/appname. I vaguely remember that this was deprecated but=

> it seems to still be true. This is not an academic question because I'm=

> getting ready to add a web port. :)
Stick with WWWDIR for now

>=20
> Finally, the first sentence of 6.12.2 says that WWWDIR is available to
> pkg-plist, but WWWDIR_REL is not. If we're going to encourage ports
> authors to use WWWDIR in the Makefile, shouldn't WWWDIR_REL be added to=

> the default PLIST_SUB?
+1

--=20
Member,                           Apache Software Foundation
Committer,                        FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant,                       P6M7G8 Inc.
Director Operations,              Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.