Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:25:43 -0800
From:      Milo Hyson <milo@cyberlifelabs.com>
Subject:   IBM JDK status

What's the current status of the IBM JDK (either 1.3.1 or 1.4)? I know
the System.exit() bug is the big holdup -- it's the only thing keeping
me from using it. Is the issue a lack of available man-hours (I may be
able to help), or is there some other business/political issue?

I'd hate to have to add a Linux box to my all-FreeBSD network just to
run Java (HotSpot on FreeBSD seems a bit unstable at the moment).
However, considering the fact that a P5-200 with Linux runs Java over
16x faster than an Athlon 1 GHz with FreeBSD, I just may. Any help I can
offer in this area I will provide gladly if it means keeping with FreeBSD.

--
Milo Hyson
CyberLife Labs