Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 2002 07:20:53 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
To:        doconnor@gsoft.com.au (Daniel O'Connor)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, ru@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3 floppy system for -current releases

> > > I think MSDOS installs are pretty rare and NFS ones even rarer (FTP is
> > > easier to setup)
> >
> > I've had one recent example here where FTP wouldn't work, but NFS flew.
>
> Weird but I can appreciate it's possible.

I'm wondering if that was because something in our stack was bust or
because of some firewall or other network thing?

> I wasn't suggesting removing NFS install support, but giving it a lower
> priority as I suggest that numerically more people do FTP installs.
>
> I have no evidence to back my claim though.

I have only my own experience nad can say that I have never done a nfs
install, but have done lots of ftp installs and occasionally a cd
install.

So should I commit the code and let us tune what go on which floppy
later or should I just sit back and enjoy the ride? I'm not worried
too much because the snaps on ftp.za.freebsd.org is working again.
:-) ... Yes they are non-standard (they use my patch) but at least
they exist, while without the patch there are no snaps.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@icomtek.csir.co.za / jhay@FreeBSD.org