Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 00:03:01 +1000 (EST)
From:      jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
To:        Mark Lorenc <malorenc@td.rutgers.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New Mirror

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Mark Lorenc wrote:

> service to primarily the univeristy community, and to users of
> opensource software worldwide. I would very much like to add FreeBSD
> to what I am mirroring.

sounds very nice to me mark.

> I thought it would be proper to email you guys first before I actually
> started sucking down data. I have all the requirements all set up and
> good to go, and would love to start. What do you say?

got any more of those terabyte raid arrays lying around ? :-)

best of luck setting up your freebsd mirror.  it might be advisable
for you to apply to be a tier-1 and update directly from ftp-master,
but to initially populate the archive from a mixture of ftp2 to
ftp10.freebsd.org (well, from the variety of different US ones anyway)
rather than putting that initial hit on ftp-master for the 40-60G or
so of initial content.

regards,

-jason