Date:      Sun, 5 Jan 2003 08:52:02 -0800
From:      Chris Doherty <chris-freebsd@randomcamel.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bgcc, an idea

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 03:15:41AM -0800, Brett Glass said:
> After the thread on GPL'd parts of FreeBSD, specially the compiler, I've
> decided to contribute my bit to the FreeBSD community. I'm proud to
> preset bgcc, 'The Brett Glass compiler collection', released under the
> BSD license, of course. As a lot of you know, I'm a professional
> programmer who does mostly embedded systems work, and the need for a
> truly free (free as in Richard Stallman blows dead goats) has arised many
> times.

before anyone gets all excited, the real Brett Glass appears to be

Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>

and the given URL is a 404. probably the same bitter, unemployed tech
worker with too much free time (I do sympathize there) who's been doing
poor impersonations of Matt Dillon. I'm also pretty sure the real Brett
Glass wouldn't say "arised".

please don't feed the troll.

not that anyone gung-ho on a flame war is going to read farther into the
thread than the original post, and the irony of writing an email to stop
emails doesn't escape me...

Chris Doherty
chris [at] randomcamel.net

"I think," said Christopher Robin, "that we ought to eat
all our provisions now, so we won't have so much to carry."
               -- A. A. Milne