Date:      20 Mar 2002 04:52:13 +0100
From:      Tom Skoglund <tomsk@chello.no>
To:        Kevin McCormick <kmccorm1@stevens-tech.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD mobile <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: ESS Maestro/2E, Compaq Armada E500

On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 02:19, Kevin McCormick wrote:

> [...]
> I did do the MAKEDEV, so is that a bad thing?  Should I reinstall 4.5-REL?
> And what do you mean 'no need for MAKEDEV'?

I'm not quite sure what I actually tried to say there! Anyway, I guess
the problem is that your kernel is not made properly. If you only did a
make and make install I guess that could be a problem. Also, the 'sh
MAKEDEV snd0' is probably safest to run in the end if your not sure of
what you are doing. It did not give any error messages I guess?

--
Tom Skoglund
"When you dream you sometimes remember, when you wake you always forget"