Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2022 10:36:18 +0100
From:      Henrik Rosenke <rosenke@dssgmbh.de>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   pkgbase checksums

Hello,

what is the correct way to handle pkg checksum mismatches in pkgbase?
(pkg check -sa)
For example after installing bash or editing /etc/hosts there are
checksum mismatches:

     FreeBSD-clibs-12.2.s20220105232846: checksum mismatch for /etc/hosts
     FreeBSD-clibs-12.2.s20220105232846: checksum mismatch for /etc/shells

I workaround this after setting up the jail by executing pkg check -r
but this doesnt seem right to me. Also this doesnt handle modifications
made afterwards.
In normal pkgs we got the ability to provide a default and modify this,
for this files no checksums are stored from what i know.

Thanks in Advance,

Henrik Rosenke