Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:36:41 -0500
From:      Damian Gerow <damian@sentex.net>
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Daily/weekly/monthly output aggregation

I 'read' roots e-mail on only a handful of systems (~50, I'd say).  Already,
mornings are dragging on.  Especially Monday mornings.  And there's at least
that again out there that I would *like* to start reading, but I just don't
have the time for it.

I have a couple of ideas for a periodic status output aggregation system,
but before I try to re-invent the wheel, what do other people do with root's
e-mail?  Read it individually?  Parse it, and only pass on the interesting
tidbits?  Flat out ignore it, and use other utilities to check system
sanity?  (I've pondered doing this last one many a time.)

TIA.

  - Damian