Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 15:11:19 -0400
From:      Malcolm Boff <Malcolm_Boff@compuserve.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems configuring XF86

I originally started with FreeBSD 2.0.5 and had no problem configuring for
X Windows and the hardware has not changed, only the release of FreeBSD.
I failed to configure at 2.1, and currently with 2.2.2

My grahics accelerator card uses the Tseng ET4000/W32 (PCI) and I have all
of the timing charts for the monitor. The system is recognised by MS
Windows 95 and works well at 1024x768 but can I get it to work on FreeBSD
no way !

I noticed that their is a new setup program so I have tried just about all
combinations
without success. I would be obliged if someone can help to resolve this
problem as I am now losing serious development time. I will pass on the
timings
by request.

I have had to unsubscribe from freebsd-questions as the number of questions

is now over 100 a day and it is masking out more important mail so please
respond to me directly at Malcolm_Boff@compuserve.com

Thank you in advance,

Malcolm G. Boff