Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 1997 01:09:40 -0700
From:      Gerard Giamberdine <gerard@holly.colostate.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   reveal sound card

Greetings,

I've got a reveal soundblaster pro that I'm trying to get working.
I rebuilt the kernel with controller snd0, device sb0 ..., and
when the system boots it looks like it identifies it ok. But when
I run sound apps - nothing. I've also re MAKEDEV /dev/snd0. There
was scarse info in the mail archives, but I get the impression that
this sound card needs to be initialized. Is this what I need to do
(how?), or am I missing something else? No help from reveal since
they're history.

Thanks in advance, Gerard.