Date:      Sat, 04 Aug 2012 14:34:29 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't get gvim working

On 08/04/2012 14:02, David Demelier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I enabled the WITH_OPTIONS in the editors/vim port, and installed with
> X11, GTK2 and GNOME2 options, but gvim stills says :
>
> E25: GUI cannot be used: Not enabled at compile time
>
> As you can see the output of make showconfig:
>
> ===> The following configuration options are available for vim-7.3.556_1:
>      PERL=off: Enable Perl interpreter

>      GNOME2=on: Gnome2 GUI

Works fine for me, the only difference in settings is that I have these
2 knobs flipped. Unlikely the first matters, but the gnome option is
probably relevant.

hth,

Doug

--

    I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do everything, but I can do
    something.  And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what