Date:      Mon, 07 Oct 2002 08:29:50 -0400
From:      "J. W. Ballantine" <jwb@homer.att.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   isp and spoofed network address

Hi,

My isp, RCN, issues dynamic addresses via DHCP and for some strange, unknown
reason issues a gateway address on a different "network" than the machine
address.  Windows works fine with the arrangement, but, as I would expect,
FreeBSD doesn't.  In the past, I've called and be able to get this fixed,
but with the latest tweak, I'm getting the royal run around of:
  Well, we only support windows and everyone I've talked to here has no idea
  of how to change it...

Anyway, does is there someway to get FreeBSD working with this wacky
arrangement? (my thoughts are not but I'm not a networking guru)
And/Or does anyone have any thoughts on what to tells these tech reps on
what to do to fix this problem?

thanks for any and all input

Jim