Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 19:29:20 -0500
From:      Ted Knight <efknight@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   3Com at home pci internal DSL Modem

DSL has now become available to me through Bellsouth.net, my ISP.  They
are now primarily providing the 3Com at home PCI internal DSL modem for
self-install.  From what I read most Baby Bells are switching to this
card.  It appears they are using PPPoA.

Is there, by any chance, work being done to develop a driver for this
device for FreeBSD?

I have spoken to Bellsouth.net about getting an Alcatel Speed Touch
external to use with a NIC, they won't do it.

Thanks,
Ted Knight