Date:      Sun, 27 Sep 2015 21:43:19 +0300
From:      Stefan Parvu <sparvu@kronometrix.org>
To:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: RBPI2 ds1307 rtc kernel panic

> The crash happens when you enable ntpd with an i2c RTC, this is a know issue.
>
> There are two workarounds:
>
> 1) sysctl machdep.rtc_save_period=0

this will do just fine. thanks for clarification and for advice. We want
to migrate from Raspbian to FreeBSD and we need to have a RTC hdw, for
our product Kronometrix.

One more thing, still a bit unclear to me: should I modify the

 sys/boot/fdt/dts/arm/rpi2.dts

 or

 sys/boot/fdt/dts/arm/bcm2836.dtsi

Im now recompiling the kernel after I have modified the rpi2.dts, as
Jukka pointed out. I did add to the sys/boot/fdt/dts/arm/rpi2.dts
Jukka's patch, for ds1307. Worked fine. (built the fbt table file and
install it under /boot/msdos)

--
Stefan Parvu <sparvu@kronometrix.org>