Date:      Sun, 27 May 2012 18:41:04 -0700
From:      Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   starting xfce4 reboots machine

Hi,

I've been running FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT for some months, last time i rebuilt
the system was April 20th. I've rebooted my machine many times and started
X and Xfce4 without any trouble, however today I'm out of town on the road
and when I startx my machine reboots. If I log in as root and startx i can
run xorg without xfce4. but if i try startxfce4 the machine reboots. If I
try to startx without xfce4 from my non-root account it locks up.
It's pretty quick and nothing I can see in the logs...

Anyone have any ideas about troubleshooting??? It seems like it's out of
the blue with no changes to the system that I recall. :)

Thanks
Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA