Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 2004 11:59:15 GMT
From:      carvay@tikismikis.org
To:        David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
Cc:        freebsd-test@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: test message

Hello:

> OK; that's not going to work.  You need to be using a machine as an SMTP
> client such that:
>
> * The hostname used in the HELO (or EHLO) SMTP command resolves to a
>   set of IP addreesses, one of which is the IP address being used for
>   the current connection.
>
> * The IP address must resolve to a hostname (though not necessarily the
>   hostname used above).
>
> * The hostname from the 2nd check (immediately preceding) must resolve
>   to a set of IP addresses, one of which is the IP address being used
>   for the current connection.
>
> If you can do that from/with 207.228.236.31, great.  Otherwise, you need
> to use an SMTP relay that satisfies the above criteria.

The problem was very "fun". The server where I have my domain has an IP that
is really owned by the company that has the colocation place, not by the
server. Remember that my english is very ugly, sometimes is very hard for me
to explain me.

So, the new technician (a friend of mine) was looking for a solution. As he
is Debian user can't see the problem itself because of a surprising thing:

It seems that GNU/Linux systems don't need inverse resolution.

Anyway, he has send a mail to the tech-service of the colo-place and
probably you can get the inverse resolution. I'll send you this mail cc'd to
postmaster and freebsd-test addresses.

Tank you very much for you help and your time.

DISCLAIMER: This message is the
author's personal opinion and does not
constitute the support, opinion or
policy of carvay at tikismikis.org, or of