Date:      Tue, 5 Jul 2005 17:00:28 -0700
From:      Peter Losher <Peter_Losher@isc.org>
To:        Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
Cc:        Doug Barton <DoubB@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: install erroring out durning mergemaster...

--nextPart1201305.EhJaXbhgBl

On Tuesday 05 July 2005 04:47 pm, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:

> Given the error you showed us, I would say you have NO_BIND_MTREE
> instead of NO_BIND_ETC in make.conf(5).=20

Correct (after staring at my make.conf rather than trying to recall from=20
memory w/ a lack of caffeine this morning), for the record, here is the=20
entry:

=2D=3D-
# To keep the integrated BIND9 install on 5.x from interfering w/
# servers where we install our own BIND package.  We still want the
# clients installed (dig, nslookup) but not the server bits (named,
# rndc, lwresd) and no chroot.
NO_BIND_MTREE=3Dtrue       # Do not run mtree to create chroot directories
NO_BIND_NAMED=3Dtrue       # Do not build named, rndc, lwresd, etc.
=2D=3D-

Part of the reason we did this so any upgrades wouldn't clobber any existin=
g=20
named installs in /var/named.

> I dare to Cc Doug Barton to have an answer to this, since he is the
> author of these bits, IIRC.

ack.  Thanks.

=2DPeter
=2D-=20