Date:      Tue, 27 Oct 1998 15:28:29 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        pechter@shell.monmouth.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Exabyte EXB-10e

Bill Pechter wrote:
> Anyone ever get one of these jukeboxes running with FreeBSD and
> chio and amanda?

I've got a 10-i, and it works fine with FreeBSD and CAM.  I'm just using
chio, though, not amanda.

> It has EXB10-E native (and EXB10-i emulation)... The thing's a lot stupider
> than the EXB jukebox I used to use.  This one doesn't even inventory
> itself after load... I've got to move each slot to itself with chio
> to have it figure what's loaded.

You need to do a 'chio ielem' to get the changer to do that for you.  I'm
not sure whether the 'ielem' command is available in the -stable tree.

BTW, you should probably send questions like this to the scsi list.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com