Date:      Tue, 07 Dec 1999 15:13:12 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Frankie Li <notme@lvdi.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: replacement for Visual Basic

On Mon, 06 Dec 1999 23:52:43 PST, Frankie Li wrote:

> I am wondering if there is anything similar to Visual Basic,
> HyperCard, SuperCard, or anything that resembles click, point, and
> type? :) Is Visual Basic on top of WINE stable right now?

If you let anyone talk you into using Windows emulation in your
environment, just make damn sure you test it for yourself before you
mention this to your teacher.  I can almost guarantee you that the
results would have him switch back to Wintendo in no time.

The biggest problem you face, though, is that your teacher has a
Wintendo-centric curriculum.  Until he or she decides that an
alternative curriculum is acceptable, you're up shit creek. :-(

If your teacher is prepared to go far out, there's always tcl/tk, which
I've always thought of as the Visual Basic of X. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.