Date:      Tue, 04 Aug 1998 22:14:55 -0500
From:      Michael Horton <handh@netten.net>
To:        dave@gregory.dyn.ml.org, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Best 56k Flex?

Dave,

I would recommend that you steer clear of Motorola's *SURFR" series.  Among
all the negatives that I have experienced with these modems, Motorola has
discontinued all consumer modem production (that is, they are orphans).

I have had good success with Diamond/Supra modems.

With all modems, avoid Win Modems.  Unfortunately, some modems do depend on
Windows more than their display boxes mention.

HTH,

MH