Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:01:27 +0200
From:      "Loic Mahe'" <mahe@twam.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 3.1 : problem with the installation

Hello,

I've just installed FreeBSD 3.1 (works fine !), but I've encountered
some problems during the installation.
I've tried to start from DOS with CDROM support :

	D:\>install

DOS tells me :

	D:\>fbsdboot.exe -D kernel
	Invalid command

So I tried next (I remember that fbsdboot.exe was located at the root
of the CDROM in previous distributions) :

	D:\>tools\fbsdboot.exe -D kernel

And I get :

	Invalid format !

Is fbsdboot.exe corrupted or is something wrong with my system ?

Of course, the installation succeeded when I booted directly from the
CDROM.

That's it. Hope this will help !

Loic Mahe - Toulouse, France