Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 1997 16:51:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Hawkins <dhawk@river.org>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is this something to worry about?

Background: today I did a make and install in /usr/ports/x11/XFree86
and XFree86-contrib and I thought I hadn't touched /usr/bin
but noticed this later in the day:

-r-xr-xr-x  1 bin   bin        123 Dec  6 07:02 linux
-r-xr-xr-x  1 bin   bin        122 Dec  6 07:02 qcam
-r-xr-xr-x  1 bin   bin      16384 Dec 16 05:00 tail
-r-xr-xr-x  1 bin   bin     126976 Dec 16 10:55 awk
-r-xr-xr-x  1 bin   bin      12288 Dec 16 11:35 du

That the last three files there were modified today. I'm not aware of
anything on the system that would have modified 'tail' at 5am.

Going to go by that Make book right now so I can figure some of this
out on my own. ;-) Thanks for any feedback, though.

later, david
--
David Hawkins  -- dhawk@river.org        http://www.river.org
If you take the small view, the universe is just something small and round,