Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 11:30:59 -0700
From:      "Michael P. Sale" <mike@merchantsnet.com>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Tim Gerchmez" <fewtch@serv.net>
Subject:   Re: Newbies - "Handle me with care?"

>I'm open to discussion, and closed to creating opponents.  I don't want a
>fight with anyone, I want an on-topic discussion on how newbies should
>approach FreeBSD.

Tim, you seem to thrive on conflict AND opposition.  After soundly thrashing
Sue in public for a private email (among other things you say and do), I
doubt you'll ever convince anyone that you don't like conflict.  (Some
people are just that way, accept it) I suspect that the level and intensity
just depends on how much sleep, caffine, booze or whatever you happen to be
living on that day effects you.

>Should they be cautious and not try new things for fear
>of messing up something, or should they go all out in playing around with
>their system?  Perhaps the answer lies somewhere between the two.  IMO, you
>and I lie on two different ends of a spectrum, from what I've gathered in
>your Emails and posts to this group.

IMHO, anyone should do anything they want with their personal computer
wether they know the risks or not.  An intelligent person finds out the
risks before undertaking such a project, the other becomes intelligent after
the project.  Mommy can't be with you your entire life.

Mike