Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:29:03 -0700
From:      Kurtis Smith <ksscendyn@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Freebsd 4.3 S Macintosh and Dhcpd having problems with OS 8.6

Ok gurus I have not posted or answered here in a while since my 4.3 Stable
box is
doing so well.

So here is my story...

So I setup DHCPD and its working fine on all my Windoze boxes.
The problem I am having is on macintosh it pics up the settings
properly from the DHCPD but its not getting any DNS somehow.
Funny thing is it works fine on all the other machines
I connected to the 8 port switch.  I only have one Macintrash to test on
though.
If anyone has any ideas let me know.  Thanks again.

Its basically looking for the website on IE 5 for Mac and its got
connection lights
on the switch.  However its just not talking to DNS somehow or something.

Well I have tried manually putting it in and tried BootP server.. But
neither of those
are working either... Kinda stumped since I am not a Mac guy.

-Kurt

FreeBSD:"Who do you want to serve today?"
Microsoft:"Where do you want to go today?"