Date:      30 Jun 1999 12:28:28 +0200
From:      Simon Leinen <simon@limmat.switch.ch>
To:        Colin Perkins <C.Perkins@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, "Piers O'Hanlon" <P.OHanlon@cs.ucl.ac.uk>, release@cs.ucl.ac.uk, vic@cs.ucl.ac.uk, mbone@ISI.EDU, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New UCL vic release (vic2.8ucl4)

Colin,

thanks a lot for your work on VIC! I tried it briefly under Solaris 7
with SunVideo Plus and it seems to work great.

> You should not "make install" the UCL versions of tcl and tk, since
> they have modified initialisation code and are not compatible with
> the standard versions.

Is that something that could be integrated into the regular TCL/Tk?
It's a pity that you cannot dynamically link to the standard libs -
that would save quite a few Megabytes per vic installation.

Regards,
--
Simon.