Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 18:12:46 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au, ianh@tortuga.com.au
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: src Makefile fix

>> What was wrong with my fix except it hasn't been tested enough?
>
>Ever eager to get the build to complete, I implemented your suggestion, and
>it worked...  for "lex".  Unfortunately, it dies with the same problem
>in "usr.bin/compile_et".

compile_et is even easier to fix^H^H^Hhack, since it doesn't use y.tab.h.

>Call me old fashioned, but shouldn't we try to fix the problem in one place?

Af flag to bsd.dep.mk can't do it, since the flag would have to be set in
more than one place.

>Perhaps we should go back to "bsd.dep.mk" and only use functionality that
>has been available on all systems that can reasonably be expected to
>compile -current.

No.

Yacc should be bootstrapped earlier so that systems without yacc can
reasonably be expected to compile -current.  I was just hoping to avoid
it.  Important things like cc use bison.

Bruce