Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:55:42 +0100 (CET)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        cecil suter <lsuter@oklahoma.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: network setup

There is a VERY nice "Pedantic PPP Primer" at www.freebsd.org, see under
tutorials, that covers setting up a lan. Most important are the general
TCP/IP things, the gateway, route add default max in my case.....on
moritz. I have a /usr/local/etc/rc.d/route.sh file for this.

FreeBSD comes with a ftp server right out of the box and when you install
you are asked if you want anonymous ftp. See also /stand/sysinstall, if
you want to do this later.

Best wishes, happy bsding,

Heiko