Date:      Wed, 20 May 2020 10:12:32 -0500
From:      Justin Hibbits <chmeeedalf@gmail.com>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>, powerpc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 11.4-BETA2 boot failure PowerMac G5

On Tue, 19 May 2020 21:39:59 -0700
Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've seen this on every 11.x release starting with 11.1 (the machine
> is still running 11.1 as a result), but here is the boot failure for
> 11.4-BETA2. I'm typing this in manually, so apologies for any errors.
>  I'll also skip the first few lines for that reason.

> VT(ofwfb): resolution 1920x1080
>
> fatal kernel trap:
>
>    exception       = 0x700 (program)
>    srr0            = 0x380
>    srr1            = 0x9000000000081000
>    lr              = 0x99bec0
>    cuthread        = 0
>
> panic: program trap
> cpuid = 0
> KDB: stack backtrace
> #0 0x5d2c18 at .vpanic+0x190
> #1 0x5d2cb4 at .panic+0x38
> #2 0x9ac868 at .trap_fatal+0x1fc
> #3 0x9addc4 at .trap+0x1528
> #4 0x9a1dfc at .powerpc_interrupt+0x1c4
> Uptime: 1s
>
> The machine is currently used to test FreeBSD/powerpc64 Java builds
> for 11.x, which is why I haven't tried 12.x on it.
>
> If anyone is interested but needs more information, I'm happy to try
> and gather it if you let me know what you're interested in.

Hi Greg,

That's really odd, because the exception vectors are already
programmed.  The fact that you're getting an illegal instruction
exception at the entry point to the Data Segment Exception vector is
really bizarre.

Just for testing, can you try applying r347463 (setup the HIOR), and
see if that helps at all?  I doubt it would, but never know.

- Justin