Date:      Sat, 5 Oct 1996 07:48:24 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        njensen@salsa.habaneros.com (Neil C. Jensen), freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IJPPP server problems

In article <01BBB0C4.DD654220@jalapeno.habaneros.com> you wrote:
: My previously working IJPPP server setup is now not operating (on
: 2.1.5R).

: The symptons: user dials in, establishes connection, can manually enter
: username and password to establish ppp link. The line then goes dead. I
: have included a snippet from the log file which shows the sequence which
: happens every time (something to do with "LCP: SendConfigReq", I think).

: Normal terminal dialup works correctly.

: Any hints?

 I'm no guru on this but it looks like the client's ppp is taking
 too long to talk to your server PPP.  Perhaps try putting a
 (sleep 2) or something in whatever script you use to call the
 ppp (on the server side).

 Hint 2 is get a decent mailer that doesn't fill your mail full of
 crap :)

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds