Date:      Wed, 1 Dec 2004 22:01:16 -0500
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Beginning FreeBSD-4.11 Release Cycle

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 01:24:44PM +0100, Joan Picanyol wrote:
> * Ken Smith <kensmith@FreeBSD.org> [20041201 12:39]:
> > This is expected to be the last of the FreeBSD-4.X releases, and is
> > meant to provide current 4.X users with a little more time to migrate
> > to FreeBSD-5.X.=20
>=20
> Is it known if this will be an "Extended Release"? Precisely, what will
> be the EOL date for 4.x?
>=20

The Security Officer has said that the last 4.X release will have an
Extended Lifetime but I don't think they have set a specific date
yet.  Usually they decide that sort of thing just before the release
is made so there might not be a definitive answer to that until
January.

--=20
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu