Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:55:34 +0100 (BST)
From:      Gavin Atkinson <gavin+fbsdscsi@ury.york.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        msmith@freebsd.org
Subject:   mly not recognising drives

Hi,

I'm attempting to install FreeBSD onto a machine with 10 drives connected
through a Mylex AcceleRAID 352 controller. The first two drives (both 17
gig drives) are configured as a RAID 1 mirror (17 gig total), the other 8
(34 gig drives) are configured as a 236 gig RAID 5 mirror. The server used
to have Windows on it which could happily see both RAID packs, but FreeBSD
(tested with top-of-tree current) can't see the RAID1 set, and therefore
detects the RAID5 as da0. There is nothing in the dmesg to suggest it has
any idea of the existance of the RAID1 set. The RAID5 set is detected as:
da0 on mly0 bus 2 target 1 lun 0

Any suggestions? I've deleted and recreated both RAID sets in the Mylex
bios, which makes no difference. If I delete the two drives in the RAID1
configuration and configure them both as individual unraided drives, I can
only see one of them (as well as the RAID5 still). One of the logical
drives is still invisible to FreeBSD.

da0 at mly0 bus 2 target 1 lun 0 (one of the unraided drives)
da1 at mly0 bus 2 target 2 lun 0 (the RAID 5)

It's as if the mly driver is not scanning target 0.

I'd appreciate any help and suggestions anyone can offer or advice as to
how to debug this further. Please CC: me as I'm not on this list.

Thanks!

Gavin