Date:      Mon, 2 Sep 2002 21:49:23 +0200
From:      Oliver Braun <obraun@FreeBSD.org>
To:        portmgr@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Adding "hs-" prefix to Haskell ports

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx

A long time ago if have once already written a mail about this issue.

Since we have now a lot more Haskell ports and Ollivier Robert reminds
me about this, I like to bring up this again.

I would like to add the prefix "hs-" to all Haskell ports, namely:

    devel/c2hs           -> devel/hs-c2hs
    devel/drift          -> devel/hs-drift
    devel/green-card     -> devel/hs-green-card
    devel/haddock        -> devel/hs-haddock
    devel/happy          -> devel/hs-happy
    devel/hat            -> devel/hs-hat
    devel/hmake          -> devel/hs-hmake
    devel/hpl            -> devel/hs-hpl
    devel/popenhs        -> devel/hs-popenhs
    graphics/hgl         -> graphics/hs-hgl
    lang/generic-haskell -> lang/hs-generic-haskell
    lang/ghc             -> lang/hs-ghc
    lang/ghc-doc         -> lang/hs-ghc-lang
    lang/hugs            -> lang/hs-hugs
    lang/nhc98           -> lang/hs-nhc98
    textproc/haxml       -> textproc/hs-haxml
    x11-toolkits/frantk  -> x11-toolkits/hs-frantk
    x11-toolkits/gtk+hs  -> x11-toolkits/hs-gtk+hs

Note: I do *not* want to change gtk+hs to hs-gtk, since gtk+hs is well
known under this name in the Haskell community. Same with popenhs.

We could also add the prefix "haskell-", but IMO "hs-" is enough and is
also well known (open file.hs in vim and type :set ft ;o)).

Please let me know what you think about this!

If everyone is happy with this, I am going to request repo copies in the
second half of this week.

Regards,
         Olli
--=20