Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 16:20:34 -0300
From:      "Daniel Sobral"<Daniel_Sobral@voga.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Booting on secondary master

I have just install a FreeBSD current (world from 15-16/09, original
installation from may (22?) snap), but I'm facing a peculiar problem. If I
let FreeBSD boot by itself, it will try 1:wd(1,a)/kernel, whereas it is
installed on wd(2,a). I have tried changing this with nextboot, but it
didn't work. So, I have to type the correct address every time I boot
FreeBSD.

The configuration is a P75 with an hd on primary master, a cdrom on primary
slave, and the FreeBSD hd on secondary master.

On a side note, I'm having trouble with an 3c509 (way slow, won't answer to
pings, will stop working after a time), but I haven't gone through all
possible causes yet (still need to change IRQ and disable PNP). But... This
card *does* work, right? It says so in the FAQ...