Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:19:45 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: final call: VERSION variable

Neil Blakey-Milner wrote:

> I should actually dig up my stow-like C and perl code.  (Noone
> commented on my portconf tool, so I just gave up on submitting
> stuff for ports for a while back then)

	Never give up. :) I've found that the way to deal with problems like this
is to just wait. Eventually someone else will come up with your idea, then
you can let them think it's their idea and send in your code as a
suggestion.

Doug
--
    "So, the cows were part of a dream that dreamed itself into
existence? Is that possible?" asked the student incredulously.