Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:08:24 -0400
From:      "ROTHENBERG, MICHAEL" <MROTHENBERG@exchange1.PRIA.com>
To:        'Mike Meyer' <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        'FreeBSD-questions' <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Ethernet config

Cool product. Hummm... so it does DHCP and gets an address assigned. Assume
it doesn't get a 192.168 address of its own for the external interface. Then
does NAT on anything from the inside. Sounds like my BSD box }:) I don't
think that it has anything to do with this device. You have run other things
though it and gotten good results. So that means its local to the BSD box
and how it is handling things.

On a picky note with a guess, your box's interface is set to netmask
0xffffff00 while the hub/router is netmask 0xffff0000 if it is 192.168
based. This might mean that your box is missing some broadcasts?? Or not.
I'm not sure how that really works. with the different masks. Have to go
home and grab some books.

I'm not sure what's happening Mike. IPFW getting in the way?

-Michael