Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 16:55:44 +0100 (WEST)
From:      freebsd@bug.fe.up.pt
To:        Paulo Ricardo Trainini <trainini@unisc.br>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: table is full (ajude-me por favor)

I thought that when posting to a FreeBSD mailing list one should
write in English, right?

The answer to you problem is to increase the MAXUSERS parameter in
the kernel. Here is a bit of my kernel configuration:

machine		"i386"
cpu		"I586_CPU"
ident		SLUG
maxusers	32
options		"NO_F00F_HACK"

If your machine has 64 MB of RAM, like mine set MAXUSERS to 32 or even
64 if your server is very loaded.

With MAXUSERS set to 32 I can have

( {503} jmg@slug (16:54:01) [~] $ sysctl -a | grep maxfiles )
( kern.maxfiles: 1064                                       )
( kern.maxfilesperproc: 1064                                )

1064 open files. If you need more increase the value and recompile
the kernel.

Hope this helps.

				Jorge

PS: Se nao percebeu nada diga-me que eu mando a traducao... :)