Date:      Sat, 25 Aug 2001 10:15:44 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   3Com 3cR990 suuport in 4.4-RC -- OK?

I'm helping a friend of mine setup FreeBSD for the first time.
He just purchased (against my advice) one of the latest, newest,
state-of-the-art NICs he could find, the 3Com 3cR990-tx-95.
                                                        ^^
                                                        <shudder>

The card failed to probe under FreeBSD-4.3, so I advised him to grab the
4.4-RC1 snapshot and upgrade.  Should this solve his problem?  I notice 4.4-RC
does have an entry for it now in LINT/GENERIC (the txp device).  Just wondering
how well it works.

Thanks for any feedback.

--
Conrad Sabatier