Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 18:55:37 +1000 (EST)
From:      Nicholas Charles Brawn <ncb05@uow.edu.au>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fw: Your Article "Freeware: The Heart & Soul of the Internet"

I'm involved in setting up an upcoming security convention and one of the
things we wish to do is give away cd's of the free unix os's such as
FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux, etc. Being a fbsd fan I'm very interested in
promoting the os, and will be doing so by distributing the cd's as well as
the Complete FreeBSD as prizes for competitions run during the convention.

<sidenote>

The last time I found FreeBSD cd's, it was a "Turbo-FreeBSD" distribution
from someplace I can't remember, with 2.1.5-RELEASE on it and 2.2
snapshots. This was flanked on either side by the latest Redhat/Slackware
releases at the time, Redhat 4.1 and the Slackware release I can't
remember. And come to think of it, I have yet to see *any* OpenBSD cd's so
far in Australia, I guess their camp isn't marketing themselves too
heavily either.

regards,

Nicholas Brawn

--
Email: ncb05@uow.edu.au
Nicholas Brawn - Computer Science Undergraduate, University of Wollongong.