Date:      Fri, 3 Aug 2001 13:49:53 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "Eugene L. Vorokov" <vel@bugz.infotecs.ru>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   device i/o question

Hello,

I have a module which creates new device for data exchange between user
program and a module. I was wondering, if I open the device in userspace
and write() some piece of data to it, is it guaranteed that the driver
will get this solid piece of data at once, or in certain circumstances
it can be split into parts which are passed to the driver as several
write events ?

Regards,
Eugene