Date:      Tue, 06 Nov 2001 17:06:17 +0000
From:      Yoriaki FUJIMORI <fujimori@grafin.fujimori.cache.waseda.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   up1500

Hi folks,
I noticed that  people are interested in up1500.
Here in Japan, a few system vendors have started shipping
up1500 based Linux boxes to the market.  Their price is,
for a minimum configuration, about 800K yen. (120yen=1USD).

At the same time, some vendors stopped marketing Alpha-based
systems, and they shiftted to P4 based clusters market.

I have been talking with one of suppliers, if they can sell
just motherboard with cpu.  Unfortunately, I have got no
reply from them yet.

As far as I heard from sales staff, up1500 boards are manufactured
on order basis,  so that total supply might be limitted, and that
it is hard decision for them to continue Alpha because its development
is finished in 2004.

What comes after AXP?  If nothing, ... pity!

Yoriaki Fujimori