Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 1998 11:04:39 +0000
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        Hayden Katzenellenbogen <hayden@dockside.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wanting to learn

On Wed, Mar 25, 1998 at 12:26:02AM +0200, Hayden Katzenellenbogen wrote:
> I would like to learn how to install use and manage freebsd.

Great.

> How do I go about this? how much of it can you people help me with and
> where else can I find information.

First, you'll want to check out

    <URL:http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook.html>;

and read parts of that, particularly section 2, which talks about how
to install FreeBSD.

That should get you going on what you need to know. If, for some reason,
it doesn't, you should post back here with a description of what you've
done, what went wrong, which bits of the documentation didn't make sense,
or whatever.

Above all, be detailed. It's much easier to help diagnose any problems
you have if there's lots of details.

Hope that helps,

Work: nik@iii.co.uk                       | FreeBSD + Perl + Apache
Rest: nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk    | Remind me again why we need