Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:12:26 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vedr.: Turning off the Vaio backlight?

Ted Beatie <tcb@apocalypse.org> probably said:
> > But for LCD screens you probaly wants:
> > $ xset dpms 0 0 5
> > To make the screen turn off after a 5 seconds inactivity period.
>
> I tried this, using 300 for a five minute turnoff, and the backlight
> still stays on..  :/

dpms turning off the screen doesn't work with any of the vaios I've
tried it with. Works fine on normal PCs with real monitors (even
making sure dpms is turned on, and trying all of the xset dpms force
options).

I'd also like to know a way to turn the backlight off.

P.

--
pir                pir-sig@pir.net                 pir-sig@net.tufts.edu