Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 95 12:19:00 PDT
From:      "Paul, Chris          bd 6-6487" <PaulC@mef.bdeoss.com>
To:        bsdcurrent <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>

Hello,

I am new to BSD and UNIX, but I'm a quick learner, so please bear with me.
 I just downloaded the 2.0-950412-SNAP release.  I know that I shouldn't be
looking for current or snapshot releases for bug-fixes, but 2.0-RELEASE did
not support my Adaptec AIC 7870 onboard SCSI controller.

I was very happy when my 2.0-950412-SNAP boot disk saw my SCSI bus and I
could Fdisk and label my partitions.  However, when I get to the bin
installation procedure and ftp the files over to /usr/tmp, the checksum
routine fails.  I don't think the checksums are the problem, as it responds
too quickly without doing any work and I should have had problems unzipping
them if the files were corrupt.

Does anyone have any clues?

Christopher Paul
<paulc@mef.bdeoss.com>