Date:      Sun, 23 Oct 2016 18:37:52 +0200
From:      Alphons van Werven <freebsd@skysmurf.nl>
To:        Dave Horsfall <dave@horsfall.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Resurrecting games/wmfortune (Was: Re: misc/jive deleted)

--yVhtmJPUSI46BTXb

Dave Horsfall wrote:

>> There used to be "offensive" (a term to be taken rather loosely in this=
=20
>> case) fortune cookies, but they got kicked out somewhere in 9.X. That=20
>> was the base system though; not the ports tree.
>=20
> Not to mention "fortune -o" (to get the obscene versions) and there were
> some beauties there...

That's actually what I meant :-)

The funny thing to me is that fortune-o got removed, while murphy-o is
still around. Moreover, there are a couple of aphorisms in there of which
I honestly can't for the life of me fathom what could possibly be
offensive about them, but that's a different matter altogether.

> aneurin% cd wmfortune=20
> aneurin% less *descr
> WMFortune outputs fortune messages, just as its name says.
> aneurin% make
> =3D=3D=3D>  wmfortune-0.241_3 is marked as broken: No public disfiles.
> *** [all] Error code 1
>=20
> Stop in /usr/ports/games/wmfortune.

I've been doing some searching, but upstream games/wmfortune appears to
have indeed vanished entirely. I still have what seems to be the latest
distfile in my archives and I'd be happy to host it if this port still
builds and works properly.

Fonz

--=20
A.J. "Fonz" van Werven <freebsd@skysmurf.nl>
mailsig: Help! I'm a prisoner in a Chinese fortune cookie factory.

--yVhtmJPUSI46BTXb

--yVhtmJPUSI46BTXb--