Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 2002 08:20:05 -0600
From:      "Brian Henning" <b1henning@hotmail.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   smb authentication problem

i am trying to set up a bunch of users on a freeBSD box with smb access to
their home accounts.  I decided to use homes as the method to
give each user access with out setting everyone up individually.
My setup is almost working, i was able to edit the smb.conf with
swat, but the only problem is i can't login. while in windows when i type
the //host/share i get an invalid login.
i made sure the user was added with smbpasswd -a <user> .... when i run
testparm everything seems to
check out fin.  could my secrets.tdb file be the problem? it appears that i
don't am not being mapped properly to the password file somehow.... i am
kinda stuck could someone give me some advice on what to try? or maybe
explain to me what i am not understanding about smb authentication.... i
thought i understood it.

 thanks a bunch...