Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:12:26 -0700
From:      Damien Tougas <damien@tougas.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Managing multiple servers/workstaions

I have been wandering around a bit on the internet, looking
around to see what tools are available for managing groups
of FreeBSD servers and workstations. More just for curiosity
than anything. From what I can see, the tools seem to be
NFS, NIS, NIS+ (I don't know much about either of these),
and perhaps LDAP (to some degree). Are there any comments
on any of these systems? Are there others that I'm not aware
of? Why would someone use LDAP instead of a straight SQL
database? I guess that these options are good in a low security
situation, i.e. behind a solid firewall, but what do people do
when they want to manage multiple servers in a more secure scenario?

--
Damien Tougas, P.Eng.
Phone: (780)434-5889