Date:      Fri, 30 Sep 2016 23:37:58 +0800
From:      blubee blubeeme <gurenchan@gmail.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: supported mini pcie wireless cards

Oh, awesome Adrian thanks. I saw you writing a lot on the forums about WIFI
cards.

Initially I wanted to get the intel but I think the intel only supported
station mode. I asked this on the forum but I would like to ask here just
to have it.

How did you find a particular hardware component being supported? For
example; let's look at the wifi cards. I was looking if this device is
supported

Atheros AR9462; googling lead me to the auth_hal man page
<https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=3Dath_hal&apropos=3D0&sektion=3D=
0&manpath=3DFreeBSD+11.0-RELEASE&arch=3Ddefault&format=3Dhtml>
but
when I look in there I don't see any reference to the AR9462 so how can I
be sure the device will be supported?

For example ath_hal seems to go up to about 9380 and newer devices aren't
supported?

So in a situation like this, let's say I'd like to exhaust more channels
before sending off an email to some FreeBSD mailing list.

How could I further do tests w/o say buying the device online, having it
shipped, testing and possibly returning. The main reason is shipping to my
location is often more expensive than the products that I am trying to find=
.

Best,
Owen