Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 1996 15:20:02 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Terje Normann Marthinussen <Terje.N.Marthinussen@cc.uit.no>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: sys/i386/i386 locore.s swtch.s sys/i386/include  pmap.h

Hi,

> Got a 4 CPU HP NetServer 5/133 LS4 here as well, "just waiting" for the day
> when FreeBSD gets support for more than 2 CPU's.
>
> Got it up with the SMP kernel some months ago (did take som minor changes
> to find the SCSI controllers, and I should have sent in some patches for
> that, but I haven't gotten so far yet), but it locked up when enabling
> the second cpu. Haven't had time to do more work on it so far :-/.

so run mptable on it "mptable -verbose -dmesg" and return the results.  This
is the first step towards getting any machine working.  If the development
team doesn't know "what it looks like", we can't do much to help!
I especially need to see mptable output from 4CPU machines right now
as that is one of the things at the top of my todo list.

There's a good chance the current SMP will work now (2 CPUs), alot of bugs have
been squashed in the last 2 months.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD