Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2012 08:39:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   openjdk7 instead of openjdk6?

I have openjdk7 installed instead of openjdk6. I have placed in /usr/local a
symlink to openjdk7 and named it openjdk6 (any app looking for 6 will be
directed to the 7 folder). I have placed an entry in /etc/make.conf so that
and port having dependency for openjdk6 is re-directed to 7.

Not everything works nicely though:
- LibreOffice for example complains that there is no installed JRE
- Building math/scilab breaks with:
	checking to see if we can link a JNI application... no
	configure: error: could not link file that includes jni.h
        Either the configure script does not know how to deal with
        this JVM configuration or the JVM install is broken or corrupted.

I think these are or should be very simple errors and easily corrected. Any
suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks and regards.