Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 2020 17:03:34 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Velcro Leaf <velcroleaf@rocketmail.com>
To:        "ruby@FreeBSD.org" <ruby@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   devel/ruby-gems

When I tried to build the ruby-gems port, I got an error saying that a file=
 was not found (Error 74).
After some investigation, it turns out the missing file was:/usr/ports/deve=
l/ruby-gems/work/stage/usr/local/bin/gem26

In the bin directory, there was a soft link:gem -> gem26
But gem26 itself wasn't there.
It was ACTUALLY located in a slightly different directory under /work/stage
The issue is that on my system, I needed to move the default location /usr/=
ports so there'd be enough room on the filesystem.=C2=A0 So the /ports dire=
ctory is actually a soft link somewhere else.=C2=A0 The gem26 was where you=
'd expect it in that directory, so I just moved it into /usr/ports/devel/ru=
by-gems/work/stage/usr/local/bin/gem26 and everything installed fine.
I should say the whole make worked properly, only make install failed.
So, it seems like the thing that places the gem26 file is doing something h=
ardcoded (or maybe not hardcoded, maybe something like ../..) when it shoul=
d be doing the opposite.
At any rate, it took a while to debug, but everything is working fine now.=
=C2=A0 Thought you should know about it.
Thanks!
-Leif